Privacy & Cookies
Bonnie & Pearl is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of users of our website at www.bonnieandpearl.com.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Hello Dolly Limited trading as Bonnie & Pearl (Company number 07378164) of 1st Floor, Tudor House, 16 Cathedral Road, Cardiff, Wales, CF11 9LJ.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect personal data from you such as your name, address, contact details (email and telephone number) through use of and registration to our site.
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information that you choose to share via our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, purchasing products, subscribing to our services, posting information or requesting further products or services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
- In the course of supplying products or providing services to you.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Uses made of the information
We use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To supply our products.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our site.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
We may also use your personal data, or permit selected third parties to use your personal data, where such third parties supply you with products or services on our behalf or to provide you with information about products and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
We may also share aggregate information with selected third parties but, in such circumstances, we do not disclose information which can identify you, such as your name.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal data, including any sensitive personal data where necessary, to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our site which may be sponsored or supplied by third parties.
- If our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients and customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log on, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and members and to see how visitors and members move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that members are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you do not want us to contact you with information about our other products or services, please email us on email@example.com We may sell or pass your information onto other carefully selected organisations. If you do not want us to pass your information on to those organisations, then please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Retention and access to information
We are required by law to retain your personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices please contact us email@example.com.