Bonnie & Pearl dolls are made with quality materials to the highest of standards. Some of our doll parts are crafted by hand using traditional doll-crafting techniques, making each Bonnie & Pearl doll unique.
Our doll designs have taken up to three years to develop from our initial sketches and concept and we are so thrilled to see our dream come to life.
Bonnie & Pearl wanted to create realistic wigs for our dolls. Looking after your doll’s hair is very important and we recommend using our Bonnie & Pearl wire brush or simple finger styling, depending on her hair type.
Our Afro style wigs are not to be brushed but can be restyled using misting of water and finger styling.
Designing our Bonnie & Pearl doll faces was truly the most exciting and artistic project we have ever undertaken. Each doll starts with a sketch and then is sculpted by hand.
Your doll's eyes are hand painted to capture the smallest detail, which gives them character and personality. We have designed the eyes to open and close just like real eyes.
Our task was to create a formula that made our vinyl soft, smooth and perfect in colour. Unlike hard plastic, our skin is made of soft vinyl with a matte finish. Our vinyl is a porous material that will absorb some strong dyes found in pens, ink, textiles, makeup, and colored markers.
We wanted our dolls to have a soft torso and a vinyl shoulder plate so they would look really pretty in strappy tops and dresses. Our dolls are really huggable as their torso is stuffed by hand and sewn together. The arms and legs are made of soft vinyl and attach to plastic sockets sewn inside her body.
All Bonnie & Pearl clothing has colorfast dyes to prevent staining of the doll’s skin, particularly over an extended period of wear. If you are dressing your doll in unbranded clothing please check the label for the use of colourfast dyes – just to be on the safe side.
Hair & skin care
Bonnie & Pearl will help keep your doll looking her very best after many adventures together. We have helpful tips for styling and maintaining her hair and skin.
Brushing and styling your doll’s hair
It is important you always use a wire wig brush on your doll’s hair. Never use combs or brushes with plastic bristles as these will leave your doll’s hair very frizzy.
Before you start:
- Make sure your doll is sitting between your legs or somebody has hold of her while you start brushing. Be careful not to loosen her neck by pulling too hard.
- Lightly misting your doll’s hair will help to tame her tangles but remember to put a towel around her neck as she won’t like to get wet. Remember not to get water in her eyes—this may cause rust!
- Bonnie and Pearl’s hair wigs are handmade which means when brushing you may notice slight hair loss. Take small sections of hair and hold at the ends. Always brush from the bottom of each section working your way up to the root.
- Do not use any styling products on your doll’s hair as it may cause damage.
- Never use a hair dryer, a straightening iron, heated rollers or tongs on your doll’s hair. Any heat will dry, stiffen, frizz or melt the fibres which are made out of a special acrylic.
- Bonnie & Pearl salon/home braided styles, tightly braiding the hair while damp will control loose ends. Let it dry overnight. Remember, if you leave your doll’s hair in a braid for a long time, her hair may develop a permanent wave when you take it out.
Doll skin care
For general cleaning of your doll’s skin, we recommend the simple method of water and baking soda:
- Using a soft cloth dampen with lukewarm water.
- Mix a little baking soda and lukewarm water together to form a paste.
- Gently rub a small amount of paste in circular motions onto vinyl.
- Wipe any residue with a damp cloth, rinse your cloth with lukewarm water then gently towel dry your doll.
- Remember do not put water near dolls eyes as it causes them to rust.
- Do not submerge your doll in water.
For any further queries of taking care of your doll we recommend you call one of our Bonnie & Pearl doll experts at 0844 800 1910 or e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our expert staff will be happy to offer further assistance on all nursing and care procedures.